Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowships 2023 (Fully-funded)
Stanford University is renowned for providing top-notch education and opportunities for its students. And for the academically talented students who dream of pursuing a graduate degree at Stanford, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowship Program is an opportunity not to be missed.
The program, which is now accepting applications for 2023, offers fully-funded fellowships for up to three years of graduate study at Stanford. The funding covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a living stipend, allowing scholars to focus on their studies without financial worries.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Stanford University, USA
- Host Institution(s): Stanford University, USA
- Fellowship Worth: (See below the fellowship worth and benefits)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters & PhD
- Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowships
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowship Program at Stanford University offers fully-funded fellowships for up to three years of graduate study. Scholars receive funding for the degree program listed in their initial admission letter, which includes tuition fees, accommodation, and a living stipend.
However, if a scholar wishes to enrol in an additional graduate program, they may apply to KHS for additional funding. It’s important to note that this additional funding is not guaranteed, and scholars should carefully consider the financial implications of pursuing additional degrees.
In the case of degree programs that exceed three years, such as MD, PhD, or Stanford dual- or joint-degree programs, funding is based on the graduate degree program’s standard funding commitment. The funding commitment varies by department and school, as indicated in the chart provided by the program. Scholars are advised to contact the graduate program with specific questions about their funding commitment.
The Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowship Program is a highly competitive program that provides fully-funded fellowships to international students for up to three years of graduate study at Stanford University. To be eligible for this program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students: The program is open to students from all countries outside of the United States. Applicants must hold a passport from a country other than the United States.
- Applicants must be ready to enrol in a full-time program: The program is designed for students who are committed to pursuing full-time graduate study at Stanford University.
- Applicants must be a graduate: The program is open to students who have completed or are in the final year of completing their undergraduate degree. Applicants must have obtained their degree from an accredited institution.
- Applicants must demonstrate they have a sufficient level of language ability to study their chosen course: Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the language ability to pursue their chosen course of study at Stanford University. This may involve taking a language proficiency test, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
The Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowship Program is a prestigious program that provides fully-funded fellowships to successful applicants. The program covers tuition fees, associated fees, and provides a stipend for living and academic expenses, as well as a travel stipend for one annual trip to and from Stanford University.
Here are the fellowship benefits in more detail:
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees: Successful applicants will receive a fellowship that covers tuition fees and associated fees for the graduate degree program listed in their initial admission letter. This ensures that scholars can focus on their academic pursuits without worrying about the financial burden of tuition fees.
- A stipend for living and academic expenses: In addition to tuition fees, successful applicants will also receive a stipend for living and academic expenses. This stipend is intended to cover expenses such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses. The stipend ensures that scholars can focus on their studies without worrying about the cost of living.
- A travel stipend: Successful applicants will also receive a travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford University. This ensures that scholars can travel to and from Stanford University without worrying about the cost of travel.
The fellowship benefits provided by the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowship Program are generous and allow successful applicants to pursue their graduate studies at Stanford University without worrying about financial constraints.
Application Procedures | How To Apply
To apply for the Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowship Program, prospective applicants are required to fill and submit the online application form. The application process is highly competitive, and successful applicants will need to demonstrate exceptional academic and personal achievements, as well as leadership potential, civic-mindedness, and a commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
Here is a brief overview of the application procedure:
- Sign up for admission event invites and program updates: Prospective applicants are encouraged to sign up for admission event invites and updates on the program and application process. This will help them stay informed about the application timeline, requirements, and deadlines.
- Fill and submit the online application form: Applicants are required to fill and submit the online application form, which includes personal information, academic history, test scores, essays, and letters of recommendation. It’s important to review the application requirements carefully and ensure that all information provided is accurate and complete.
- Contact KHS with any questions: Applicants with questions about the application process or how funding might apply to their specific individual circumstances are encouraged to contact the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowship Program directly for guidance and assistance.
Application Deadline: Not Specified