University of Manchester Equity and Merit International Scholarships
Are you an outstanding and exceptional international student looking to pursue a master’s degree at a renowned university? The University of Manchester is now accepting applications for its Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students.
These scholarships are designed to provide financial support to academically excellent students who have the potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in their home countries.
In this blog article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about the University of Manchester Equity and Merit International Scholarships and how you can apply. We will also highlight the eligibility criteria, the application process, and the benefits of receiving this prestigious scholarship. So, let’s dive in and explore this incredible opportunity!
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
- Host Institution(s): University of Manchester, UK
- Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: International Students
Equity and Merit Scholarships for Master’s Students | DETAILS
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) serve as a roadmap towards a more sustainable future for all. In line with this vision, the University of Manchester offers Equity and Merit Scholarships to empower young professionals from the Global South to contribute to the achievement of these interlinked goals.
We offer two types of scholarships:
- Full-time, on-campus master’s (one-year duration).
- Part-time, distance learning master’s (three to five years duration).
The University of Manchester is offering 39 scholarships for master’s level studies, with 29 of them allocated for full-time study and 10 for online study. The scholarships are available for a range of courses in areas such as engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles, and law.
Applicants from six countries in the Global South – Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe – are eligible to apply for these scholarships. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for those who will be studying in Manchester, the award also includes return international airfares, living expenses, and visas.
This is an incredible opportunity for young professionals from the Global South to pursue their master’s studies at a renowned university and contribute to sustainable development in their home countries. The Equity and Merit Scholarships will enable them to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to address the pressing global challenges of our time.
The Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students offered by the University of Manchester are highly competitive, and applicants are required to meet specific eligibility criteria to be considered for the scholarship. The following conditions must be met to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be a resident citizen of one of the eligible countries, including Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zimbabwe. Additionally, applicants must not have previously studied outside of Africa for more than six months.
- Professional Experience: Applicants must have at least two years of professional experience related to their chosen field of study. This experience must be paid, and unpaid internships or voluntary work will not be considered.
- Academic Qualification: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent overall grade. This means that you must have graduated before September 2021 and have a grade that puts you in the top 10% of your class.
- Commitment to Return Home: Applicants must be committed to returning home and demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of their home country.
- Clear Idea of Career and Community Benefits: Applicants must have a clear idea of how studying at the University of Manchester will benefit their career and the wider community.
By meeting these eligibility criteria, applicants will demonstrate their potential to contribute to sustainable development in their home countries and become a part of the Equity and Merit Scholarship community at the University of Manchester.
Are you interested in applying for the Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students at the University of Manchester? Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply:
- Check Eligibility: Before applying, ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria outlined by the University of Manchester. This includes being a citizen and resident of one of the eligible countries, having at least two years of professional experience, having an excellent academic record, and demonstrating a commitment to returning home and making a positive impact on your community.
- Prepare Application Materials: As part of the application process, you will need to provide academic transcripts and certificates, a personal statement outlining your career and community goals, a research proposal (if applicable), and two references.
- Submit Application: Starting from 1st August 2023, you can submit your application online for September 2024 entry. Make sure to fill out all the required fields and upload all necessary documents.
- Wait for Shortlisting: Once you have submitted your application, the University of Manchester will review it and shortlist candidates based on their eligibility and academic potential. They will be in touch with all applicants for 2023 entry as soon as they have completed the shortlisting process.
- Interview and Selection: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, which may be conducted in person or via video conference. After the interviews, successful candidates will be notified of their selection for the Equity and Merit Scholarship.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023